Monday, August 29, 2011

30 Weeks: Giant Me

The days I dread most about pregnancy are finally here.  Instead of cuddling with my husband at night, I have a body pillow and I can barely get in and out of bed.  Potty breaks in the night keep me awake for at least an hour and I wonder if I should sneak into the kitchen for a little snack.  My more energetic workout routine is replaced with two to three days of harder workouts instead of four to five.  On the plus side, I have replaced some of those days with Crunch's "Yoga Mama", and suddenly realized that I don't have to go through to next few months with back pain.  This yoga stuff really helps.

Even though I have been pregnant several times in the last few years, I block out the point when I feel like I have to be big enough to be carrying twins and I feel done.  However, I am almost positive that this pregnancy I am feeling this way a few weeks earlier than usual.  Suddenly I am dreaming of preparing meals to freeze for that glorious day when I am no longer pregnant.  I am starting to feel slightly motivated to organize baby clothes.  Um...I have at least seven more weeks to go even if I am as early with this child as I was with my first.  I could have five more weeks on top of that.

When I tell people I am due in early November and they look at me confused because I am large for me!  These are people who have seen me through three other pregnancies.  I have to cut myself some slack though.  By the time this baby is due I will have had three babies in three years.  My third child and fourth child are only thirteen months apart and this baby will only be sixteen months younger than my fourth child.  If it really takes about two years to recover from one pregnancy, this so called recovery has not taken place yet, therefore, my body is way ahead as far as pregnancy mode goes. Have I also mentioned that I have been breastfeeding for about six years straight now?  I am taking a brief break right now, Charis' choice (my youngest), but I will only get about three months off before the next baby arrives.

On a positive note, being this pregnant does mean I am in the home stretch.  It is always exciting thinking about new life in the home.  I am looking forward to meeting my little one for the first time and gazing into his or her eyes.  So far I know my baby through some very strong kicking.  This baby likes to move and if there is music playing, he or she really likes to move.  Looking down at my belly is a constant reminder that I have new life inside of me and this always puts a smile on my face.  Pregnancy can feel never ending, and if you are like me it is close to a continuous part of life, but it is so amazing.  Even when I feel so ready to have this baby, I do not want to miss a moment of the present and enjoy the stage of pregnancy I am in.


No comments:

Post a Comment